When it was completed in 1871, the Hunt's Block building was a relative skyscraper among the wooden structures of West Dundee.
As the decades passed, Hunt's Block grew into a location worthy of its listing on the National Register of Historic Places. It was home to a number of flourishing businesses, including Dundee's first bank, a dry goods store, doctors' and lawyers' offices, a billiard hall, a ballroom...but never a fine-dining establishment.
That all changed in 1998 when Andrew and Matthew Burns and their father, Timothy, purchased Hunt's Block. They completely renovated the classic building and crafted it into a restaurant named after a man of honor and dignity, Timothy's father, Emmett Burns.
Today, Hunt's Block is home to Dundee's first small brewery, where award-winning handcrafted beer and outstanding food is created and enjoyed every day.