The Elgin Short Film Festival (ESFF) is returning for its ninth year! This is a one-of-a-kind event taking place at The Hemmens Cultural Center in Elgin, IL on Saturday, September 23, 2017. The ESFF has drawn film entries from around the world making this an impressive event that has entertained film lovers since 2009.
We are currently inviting filmmakers to submit their short films (20 minutes in length) for competition in our festival.
The ESFF is the only short film festival of its kind in the area. Entries in our festival can only be up to 20 minutes long including credits.This competition will allow any filmmaker to submit work, even if it has been entered into other festival competitions! We encourage submitting films in every genre and subject matter as long as they are within the scope of the official rules.
Exciting components to our festival:
- The ESFF is excited to be working with Film Freeway again this year. We’re thrilled to be a member of a growing community of festival organizers who have brought artists together through thousands of events all around the world. Filmmakers can submit their films via Filmfreeway.com
- There are two categories for films to be entered. The ESFF will feature a Live Action category and an Animation category.
- Next In Finalist: The top two selected films in each category, as voted on by the selection committee, will make the finals. The next three selected films in each category will compete to make the finals on September 16th as part of the Elgin Fringe Festival.
- The Top Finalist filmmakers will be treated to a red carpet arrival the night of the festival and will have their entry shown in the 1200-seat theatre of The Hemmens Cultural Center!
- 1st Prize: $1,000 plus trophy! 2nd Prize: $500 plus trophy! 3rd Prize: $300 plus trophy!
- Mike Toomey, comedian and integral part of the WGN morning show, returns to MC our event.
The entry fee for films submitted by August 1st, 2017 is $40. Films submitted after August 1st will have a $50 fee. The deadline to submit your film is August 25th, 2017!
For a complete list of rules and regulations, and to download an application, go to:
The Hemmens Cultural Center, located at the corner of Symphony Way and North Grove Avenue in Elgin, IL, is easily accessible from I-90. Parking is free.